Boy charred to death as house catches fire

1 min read

A boy was charred to death whereas his sister sustained injuries when a house caught fire due to leakage in a cooking gas cylinder in Kotwali area of Bareilly city here in Uttar Pradesh, police said here on Monday.


Incharge of Kotwali police station Himanshu Nigam said that Shadab along with his family lives in Azam Nagar locality. “On Sunday evening while Shadab had gone to offer namaz his wife Samreen was making preparation for Roza iftar the cooking gas cylinder caught fire which engulfed the entire house,” he said.


He said that while Samreen ran out for help two children Sheikhu (7) and Areena (13), who were sleeping in a room, were trapped inside the house. “The neighbours informed the fire services after which tenders reached the spot and controlled the fire,” he said.


Chief Fire Officer Sanjiv Kumar Yadav said that problems were faced in starting the rescue operation as the house was located in a narrow by-lane. “The fire was somehow controlled with the help of four tenders and the children were taken out,” he said.


Nigam said that the Sheikhu and Areena, who sustained serious burn injuries were taken to the district hospital from where they were shifted to a private hospital. “Sheikhu succumbed to injuries during treatment at the private hospital late on Sunday evening,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Latest from Regional