Boy charred to death, sister injured as house catches fire

1 min read
Representational pic

A three-year-old boy was charred to death and his elder sister was injured when a thatched house caught fire in Ramgaon area of Bahraich district here in Uttar Pradesh on Friday, police said here.
Police said the house of Ram Kumar Lodh caught fire in Nevada village due to unidentified reasons around 11 am.
Ram Kumar’s son Atish and daughter Puja (5) were alone in the house at the time of the incident as all other members had gone to farm, police added.
Police said initially Puja ran out of the house after the fire broke out, but was reminded of her brother and she went back.
Though Puja made an attempt to save her brother, Atish was charred to death.
Puja also sustained serious burn injuries in the incident, police said.
Station House Officer (SHO) Amitendra Singh said a boy died in the fire incident and the body has been sent for post-mortem examination.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Latest from Regional