Death toll in Gaza Strip from Israeli strikes tops 8,800

1 min read

The death toll from Israeli bombardments in the Gaza Strip has surpassed 8,800, with over 22,200 people injured, the Gaza Health Ministry said on Thursday.

On Wednesday, the Palestinian Health Ministry said that the Israeli attacks left 8,730 people in Gaza dead.

“As a result of the Israeli attack in the Gaza Strip 8,805 people are dead and another 22,240 wounded,” the ministry said.

Over 3,600 children have been killed in the strikes since October 7, according to the ministry.

On Tuesday, the Israeli military said it had hit the Jabalia camp in the Gaza Strip, adding that the death of civilians was a consequence of the “tragedy of war.” The Gaza Interior Ministry said that at least 400 people had been killed or injured after Israeli air attacks against the refugee camp. On Wednesday, Israel launched another air attack against the camp, killing dozens more people, Palestinian news agency WAFA reported.

On October 7, Palestinian movement Hamas launched a surprise large-scale rocket attack against Israel from the Gaza Strip and breached the border, killing and abducting people in neighboring Israeli communities. Israel launched retaliatory strikes and ordered a complete blockade of the Gaza Strip, home to more than 2 million people, cutting off supplies of water, food, and fuel. On October 27, Israel launched a large-scale ground incursion inside the Gaza Strip to eliminate Hamas fighters and rescue the hostages. The escalation of the conflict has resulted in the deaths of around 1,400 people in Israel and over 8,000 in the Gaza Strip.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Latest from International