Fire claims life of teacher in Hamirpur school

1 min read

A government school teacher was burnt to death in a fire in Chailali village of Sanahi gram panchayat of Hamirpur district early on Thursday morning.


An official spokesman said the body has been taken into custody and sent for postmortem. The investigation of the accident continues.


He said a fire broke out in Chalaili village of Sanahi Panchayat of Kangu area at around 3.30 am on Thursday morning, in which a two-room slate-clad house was gutted. Ashok Kumar, 57 got badly burnt in the fire and died on the spot.


The cause of the fire is said to be an electrical short circuit.


According to the SHO, Ashok Kumar slept alone in a room in his kutcha house. When wife Sunita Devi smelled something burning from the adjacent room, she raised an alarm on seeing the fire. People called the fire brigade, but before the fire engines arrived, Ashok Kumar had already died.


Naib Tehsildar Kangu Balwant Thakur said Sunita Devi, wife of the deceased had been provided immediate assistance of Rs 25,000 by the government. The Patwari concerned has been asked to send a detailed report of the incident.
UNI ML SY RKM

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Latest from Regional