Iran’s government on Monday said that indirect diplomacy with Washington facilitated by Pakistan, was “a continuous process” and that Tehran had managed to convey its latest positions to the US as both sides continue to discuss terms for a comprehensive peace treaty.
President Donald Trump had warned the Islamic Republic on Sunday, stating that “the Clock is Ticking” for Tehran, and it must accept a deal to reopen the Strait of Hormuz and end the war that is now in its 80th day, and seemingly with no resolution.
“There won’t be anything left of them” if Iranian leaders fail to “get moving, FAST” on a peace agreement, Trump warned on Truth Social, though Iran has not responded to the threat.
“Talks and negotiations are a continuous process, not an intermittent one,” Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei said Monday, CBS News reported.
Despite Trump publicly claiming last week that Washington had rejected Tehran’s latest proposal, Baghaei said Tehran “received from the Pakistani mediator a set of corrective notes and observations from their point of view … which were reviewed over these past days,” and he said over the weekend, “our positions were also conveyed to the American side in return.”
The Iranian official further insisted that the talks, from Tehran’s standpoint, were focused “on ending the war,” and the issue of its “right to [nuclear] enrichment is recognised” as the country is [nuclear] signatory of the international nuclear non-proliferation treaty.
“We have emphasized that we will not abandon our rights under the Non-Proliferation Treaty,” he said.
“We have not discussed any details regarding nuclear matters at this stage. At this stage, all focus will be on ending the war.”

